The principal arguments contained in the following pages were published in a pamphlet entitled Female Teaching, which, I have reason to know, has been rendered very useful.
In this edition all the controversial portions have been expunged, some new matter added, and the whole produced in a cheaper form, and thus, I trust, rendered better adapted for general circulation.
Our only object in this issue is the elicitation of the truth. We hold that error can in the end be profitable to no cause, and least of all to the cause of Christ. If therefore we were not fully satisfied as to the correctness of the views herein set forth, we should fear to subject them to the light ; and if we did not deem them of vast importance to the interests of Christ’s kingdom, we should prefer to hold them in silence. Believing however that they will bear the strictest investigation, and that their importance cannot easily be over-estimated, we feel bound to propagate them to the utmost of our ability.
Our Tract MinistryThis page describes our tract ministry, including tract production (printing and folding). Our ministry is not that big yet, but we continue to grow. We have about 350 Spanish titles and 90 English titles and are adding translations into other languages. Please read this page and pray for this ministry.
In this paper we shall endeavour to meet the most common objections to female ministry, and to present, as far as our space will permit, a thorough examination of the texts generally produced in support of these objections. May the great Head of the Church grant the light of His Holy Spirit to both writer and reader.
|Date:||September 22, 2017|
More from this categoryB
- Bacon, L.W. – A History of American Christianity
- Baines, T.B.-The Revelation of Jesus Christ Commentary Revelation
- Ballou, H. – Series of Letters in Defence of Divine Revelation
- Barclay, R. – A Catechism and Confession of Faith
- Barclay, W. – Final Week of Christ
- Bates, William – The Sure Trial of Uprightness
- Baxter, M.E. – The Women in the Word
- Baylee – The Mysteries of the Kingdom (Parables)
- Beecher, H.W. – Lectures on Preaching
- Best, W.E. – A Comprehensive View of Romans
- Best, W.E.-The Saviour’s Definite Redemption
- Betts, G.H. – How to Teach Religion
- Boardman, W.E. – The Higher Life
- Boettner, L. – The Inspiration Of Scripture
- Boettner, L. – Efficacious Grace
- Boettner, L. – Roman Catholicism
- Boettner, L. – The Atonement
- Boettner, L. – The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination
- Boettner, L. – The Reformed Faith
- Boettner, L. – The Trinity
- Boettner, L. – Total Depravity
- Bohlin, R. – The Star of Bethlehem©
- Bonar, Horatius – Story of Grace
- Bonar, Horatius – Stranger Here, A
- Booth, Abraham-An Essay on The Kingdom of Christ
- Booth, Catherine – Aggressive Christianity
- Booth, Catherine – Female Ministry
- Booth, Catherine – Godliness
- Booth, Catherine – Popular Christianity
- Booth, Catherine – What is Repentance
- Booth, William – You’re Going Too Fast!
- Boston, Thomas – Human Nature in its Fourfold State
- Boston, Thomas – The Crook in the Lot
- Bourdillon, Francis – Man is Born to Trouble!
- Bouvieres, Jeanne Marie – A Short Method Of Prayer And Spiritual Torrents
- Bowman, Hetty – Life, its Duties and Discipline
- Bowman, Hetty – Sensitive Plant!
- Bowman, Hetty – Separation from the World!
- Bowman, Hetty – Thoughts on the Christian Life
- Boyce, J.P. – A Brief Catechism Of Bible Doctrine
- Bradford, John – Articles and Essays
- Bridges, Charles – Exposition of Psalm 119
- Brittain, Alfred – Women Of Early Christianity
- Brooks, Thomas – A String of Pearls
- Buchanan, James – A Meek and Quiet Spirit
- Buchanan, James – Comfort in Affliction
- Buchanan, James – Consideration
- Buchanan, James – Improvement of Affliction
- Buchanan, James – Key of Death!
- Bullinger, E.W. – Great Sacred Secret
- Bunyan, John – Christian Behavior
- Bunyan, John – Prayer
- Bunyan, John – The AntiChrist and His Ruin
- Burgon, J.W. – 7 Sermons on Inspiration and Interpretation
- Bustin, G.T. – My Sheep shall never Perish (assurance)