|Date:||October 26, 2015|
NUMEROUS invitations have come to me recently, to write concerning the life and work of D. L. Moody, all of which were the publishers of this volume for several declined. I have, however, accepted the invitation of reasons.
First. Because they have made it possible for me in so doing to make a generous contribution to some benevolent or educational work, which I may select, my hope being that I might in this way contribute to the work for which Mr. Moody gave his life.
Other Works by Moody or About Moody
- Moody, D.L. – Pleasure & Profit in Bible Study
- Moody, D.L. – Heaven
- Moody, D.L. – Hell
- Moody, D.L. – Prevailing Prayer
- Moody, W.R. – The Life of D.L. Moody
- Moody, D L – Wondrous Love and Other Gospel Addresses
- Moody, D.L. – Moody’s Stories: Incidents and Illustrations
- Moody, D.L. – Does God Answer Prayer?
- Chapman, J. Wilbur – Life and Work of D.L. Moody
- Moody, D.L. – Secret Power
Second. Because very many friends have urged upon me the so doing; they presented it to me as a call to duty as well as a privilege, they told me it was a golden opportunity to speak of.his life to many people who might not read the particulars of it elsewhere, and I was convinced that a subscription book would reach thousands of homes, which might not otherwise be influenced. They told me that my work as an evangelist made it fitting that I should write of him, who was known as the greatest evangelist of the generation.
Third. I write because I loved him, and I felt that I might in this way pay tribute to the most consistent Christian man I have ever known. I am confident that there has not been in these latter days a man who was more truly filled with the Holy Ghost than he. – J. Wilbur Chapman