Watson, Thomas – All for Good
Watson, Thomas All for Good
Contents of All for Good
THE BEST THINGS WORK FOR GOOD TO THE GODLY
(1) The attributes of God.
(2) The promises of God.
(3) The mercies of God.
(4) The graces of the Spirit.
(5) The angels of God.
(6) The communion of Saints.
(7) The intercession of Christ.
(8) The prayers of Saints.
THE WORST THINGS WORK FOR GOOD TO THE GODLY
(1) The evil of affliction.
(2) The evil of temptation.
(3) The evil of desertion.
(4) The evil of sin.
WHY ALL THINGS WORK FOR GOOD TO THE GODLY
(1) The reason why all things work for good.
(2) Inferences from this proposition.
OF LOVE TO GOD
(1) The nature of love.
(2) The ground of love.
(3) The kinds of love.
(4) The properties of love.
(5) The degrees of love.
USE. A reproof to those who do not love God.
THE TESTS OF LOVE TO GOD
AN EXHORTATION TO LOVE GOD
(1) An exhortation to become lovers of God – twenty motives for loving God.
(2) An exhortation to preserve your love to God.
(3) An exhortation to increase your love to God.
(1) A distinction about calling.
(2) Our condition before we are called.
(3) The means of our effectual calling.
(4) The method God uses in calling sinners.
(5) The properties of this effectual calling.
(6) The end of effectual calling.
USE. An exhortation to make your calling sure.
EXHORTATIONS TO THEM WHO ARE CALLED
(1) Admire God’s free grace.
(2) Pity those who are not yet called.
(3) Walk worthy of your high calling.
CONCERNING GOD’S PURPOSE
(1) God’s purpose is the cause of salvation.
(2) God’s purpose is the ground of salvation.
Electronic Version Notes