The Young Lady’s Guide to the Harmonious Development of Christian Character
by Harvey Newcomb, 1843
In this 29 chapter book by Newcomb (Congregationalist) presents us with many topics of great importance to our youth. Some of his chapters: doctrinal Knowledge, nature and effects of true religion, love, prayer, temptation, self-denial, public worship, meditation, improvement of Time, dress, social and relative Duties, marriage, etc.
2. True Religion Essentially Progressive
3. Doctrinal Knowledge
4. Nature and Effects of True Religion
6. Harmony of Christian Character
7. Reading and Studying of the Holy Scriptures
11. Public Worship
13. Bodily Health
14. Mental Cultivation. READING
15. Improvement of TIME
16. Christian Activity
18. Social and Relative Duties
20. SUBMISSION. DEPENDENCE. CONTENTMENT.