- 1 Boettner-efficacious-grace boettner-efficacious-grace.refx 28 KiB 97 Downloads Details Category:Topx-b Date:January 14, 2015 Boettner-efficacious-grace boettner-efficacious-grace.topx 73 KiB 99 Downloads Details Category:Topx-b Date:January 14, 2015 Efficacious Grace
Date: January 14, 2015
|Date:||January 14, 2015|
by Loraine Boettner
In this 8 chapter work by Boettner (Reformed, Presbyterian), he examines common (that being enjoyed by all people). He first looks to the Westminster Confession’s teaching, then the necessity of change, the inward change done by supernatural power, the effect produced in the soul, the sufficiency of Christ’s work — evangelicalism, the Arminian view of Universal Grace, No violation of Man’s free agency, and common Grace.
1. Teaching of the Westminster Confession
2. Necessity for the Change.
3. An Inward change wrought by supernatural Power.
4. The effect produced in the Soul.
5. The Sufficiency of Christ’s Work — Evangelicalism
6. Arminian View of Universal Grace.
7. No violation of Man’s Free Agency.
8. Common Grace.
About the Author
Dr. Boettner was born on a farm in northwest Missouri. He was a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary (Th.B., 1928; Th.M., 1929), where he studied Systematic Theology under the late Dr. C. W. Hodge. Previously he had graduated from Tarkio College, Missouri, and had taken a short course in Agriculture at the University of Missouri. In 1933 he received the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity, and in 1957 the degree of Doctor of Literature. He taught Bible for eight years in Pikeville College, Kentucky. A resident of Washington, D.C., eleven years and of Los Angeles three years. His home was in Rock Port, Missouri. His other books include: Roman Catholicism, Studies in Theology, Immortality, and The Millennium.
It is my understanding that works published between 1923-1963 have a 28 year first term of copyright, and IF RENEWED, they have an additional 47 years. On Sept 12, 2011, the rutgers.edu, sanford.edu, and http://cocatalog.loc.gov renewal databases were searched and no renewals were found in those databases for Loraine Boettner, much less this specific work.