How to know if you are a Real Christian
How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
by Jonathan Edwards
In this short work, Edwards deals with James 2:19, that even the demons believe that God exists. He deals with experiences as the testimony of salvation, and how this is not sufficient.
More Works by Jonathan Edwards
- Edwards Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
- Edwards Treatise on Grace
- Edwards, J. – How to know if you are a Real Christian
- Edwards, Jonathan – Charity and its Fruits, 16 sermons
- Edwards, Jonathan – Natural Men in a Dreadful Condition
- Edwards, Jonathan – Freedom of the Will
- Edwards, Jonathan – Resolutions
CONTENTS of How to know if you are a Real Christian
1. Demons Have a Knowledge of God.
2. Knowledge of God alone is no proof of salvation.
3. Religious experiences are no proof of salvation.
4. Objection #1- People are different from demons.
5. Objection #2- People can have religious feelings that demons cannot.
6. True Spiritual experiences have a different source.
7. A true spiritual experience transforms the heart.
8. Genuine spiritual experiences have different results.
9. The sight of Christ's beauty- God's greatest gift!
|Date:||February 18, 2018|